The Sweet Things in Life

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Doesn’t seem possible…


My first thought is that I’m not old enough to have a 3rd grader, not that having one means you are old but it seems like yesterday she was looked like this...

 
Now she is this…

 
WOW! Watch out 3rd grade, here comes my sweet Lydia!

She started school last week. She starts changing classes this year. Her homeroom teacher will teach 3 subjects and another teacher will teach 2. She was really nervous about having a man teacher. His class is right beside her class last year and she said that she knew he was mean because last year she could hear his voice through the walls!! But after meeting him last week, she admitted that he is “very nice and really funny”. She was really excited that a lot of her girl friends are in her class but kind of sad that not many of her boy friends…um, what?!! I was shocked to hear her say that and when she seen the look on my face, she tried to cover a little and said “not boyfriends, just boy… friends”! I chose not to mention this to her daddy! I’m sure she will have a great year. She has already come home telling us about the 7 continents and singing songs about Nouns and Pronouns. I’m thinking this might be the year where I have to Google a couple of things to help her with her homework!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment