The Sweet Things in Life

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day weekend in Kentucky



We took our first road trip this past weekend as a family of 4. Both girls did great and daddy too! Dave has a little too much energy to be cooped up in the car for very long! But he drove the whole way there and home. We rode to see my step dad’s brother in Paint Lick, Kentucky. For years we have been told that they lived in the middle of no-where and that is the honest truth!! I just thought we lived in a rural area! We made our way to Lexington on Saturday. My step father took us many different places, showing us his original home, farmland, childhood church, etc. Everything was very beautiful and I enjoyed being apart of his past. I can’t imagine growing up 50 years ago. I love listening to older adults tell stories of how they grew up.





Keeneland Horse Track








Big sister trying to take care of little sister; little sister trying to get big sister away!!




The girls with Aunt Margaret.



Langraddy, the girls and Uncle Kenneth

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been brave enough to venture on a road trip yet. I'm glad you did and it was a successful one. I had to laugh at the picture of the big sister helping, while the little sister was trying to get her to stop. That is just how sisters are sometimes. So funny.

    ReplyDelete