The Sweet Things in Life

Friday, January 21, 2011

17 months old.

My baby turned 17 months old yesterday. Below is some things I would like to remember!

*She is starting to come out of her shell. She isn’t as shy as she has always been.
*She has started to dance. Poor girl has gotten her mother’s rhythum, which is none! She just sways back and forth. It is cute though and the instant she hears music, she starts.
*She weighs 24 pds., still wear size 3 diapers and is wearing 18 mth clothes.
*She is starting to talk much better. She is at least trying to imitate our sounds now. Some of her favorite words right now are “no” (but it sounds more like naw), “hot” and “bite”. I promise as soon as I wake her in the mornings she starts saying “bite” and doesn’t stop until I give her a bite of something. Lydia gets so excited when Layton says something new. The other day she called me at work to tell me Layton said “house”.
*She has started to bite! When you make her mad, biting seems to be her first defense.
*She still only has 4 teeth but she eats anything and everything. She can’t have anything with tomatoes in it though.
*She has started to play more by herself, which is a good thing for mama!
* She is a huge helper. She wants to help me do everything. She is always on my heels so when I tell her that we have to go put clothes in the dryer, she beats me to the laundry room. She knows exactly what I am talking about.
*She is just a silly girl. She is constantly jabbering and laughing. She will do anything to make you look at her!

She is just a joy to be around and I am so thankful to be her mama!

2 comments:

  1. I love the toddler phase. I think they are adorable. And she sounds like such a cutie! I love how anxious they are to "help"! We take care of the 18 monthers in our nursery at church and I just love it. Have fun with your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toddlers have personality coming out of their ears, don't they? She sounds precious! You'll be glad you made this list! Sometimes, it's hard to remember all the little details!

    ReplyDelete