The Sweet Things in Life

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome to Toddlerville!

Layton recently turned 16 mths old. She is a very noisy little girl. She is constantly walking around looking for things to get into. When she finds a new treasure her little eyebrows raise and she will squeal with excitement. It is fun watching her experience things but tiring at the same time!
She has recently started throwing tantrums and stomping her feet when she doesn't get exactly what she wants.
She loves to write. She will put her paper in the floor and lie on her belly, just like Lydia! I am looking forward to the day when I find her artwork on my walls!
Below is a picture I took of her a couple of weeks ago. She came up to me with red all over her mouth. I immediately thought she had blood all over her mouth. My heart sank thinking I should have been watching her better. When I picked her up, she gave me the marker she had been eating! When I told her no-no, the tears started rolling! I think she has begun to realize the world of manipulation too!


She jabbers all the time. We don't understand 98% of what she says but we understand "No" and "Bye-Bye". She also has recently started saying the sounds that a cat and dog say! She understands everything she says and will carry on a conversation with us, we just can't understand!
She loves being a helper. Her favorite thing is to put clothes in the dryer. She laughs everytime she throws something in there!
She has recently started cheesing for the camera! Up until the last week or so she has ran from the camera or she just won't smile but now she will look directly at it and make the face below!


She has also started to love her babies. She likes to wrap them in blankets and rock them. It is so sweet to see a little girl with her babydoll.

No comments:

Post a Comment