The Sweet Things in Life

Monday, August 16, 2010

My Kindergardener!



Tuesday, August 10th was Lydia’s first day of kindergarden. She was so excited. The night before I told her that we needed to go ahead and lay her clothes out to prepare for the next morning. She told me that she didn’t want to wear anything normal. So, she wore a “teenager” shirt, a cut-off blue jean skirt, pink leggings under the skirt and her twinkle toe shoes. In her words, she looked like a rock star. Even though I would not have picked it out, I do have to admit she looked so cute. Neither she nor I were emotional about her first day. I still can’t believe that my Lydia is in school EVERY day but I know she is learning new things and having a blast so that helps me when I might want to get a little emotional! She was really excited to tell me about her day when I picked her up that afternoon. I think she thought it was neat that she knew lots of other kids and adults that were there. She was tired and hungry that afternoon. Needless to say she didn’t have any problems going to sleep that night!!
Her second day was Thursday, August 12th. She enjoyed that day as well. Her favorite part of that day was art class. She made something special for us. That afternoon she told me that she wished I would have forgotten to pack her lunch. I asked why and she said that the school had fish sticks and she wanted them. I thought that was funny.
She started full time today. She will go everyday now. This morning I dropped her off at the door instead of walking in with her. She was anxious about what all they would do today and she will meet everyone in her class today. I can’t wait to hear her stories today.

No comments:

Post a Comment