The Sweet Things in Life

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Layton is 1 year old!

We had Layton's party on Friday night. We had around 40 of our family members and close friends to come. It was so nice and I think everyone had a lovely time. Dave grilled hamburgers and we had chips and fruit. After the presents were open we had cake and ice cream. Layton was in the best mood, she played and was so pleasant all evening. I think she enjoyed all the attention. She received lots of fun toys and cute clothes. We were so thankful to everyone that came to spend their Friday night with us. I say it all the time but I don't know what we would do without our family. I love having such a close family.

This is what we got her. She loved it. Dave gave it to her earlier that day and she really didn't know what to do when he put her in it. She just smiled and keep staring at him.





Of course after a few minutes she realized she could stand up in it, that made it more fun!







I think she was trying to show some of her "skills" but was being shy at the same time!


Miss Darlene & Layton



She loves fruit!



Nannie & Layton





Present Time!

























Miss Darlene made her cakes! I thought they were so cute. They were strawberry flavor and very yummy.





I really meant to get a family picture BEFORE the party when everyone was all neat and clean but oh well!



An end to a terrific day!

4 comments:

  1. She is SO precious! Happy Birthday sweet girl! I love her little car you got her. We have the Cozy Coupe Deluxe II (which doesn't have a top, it has a canopy, I like yours better). I hadn't seen one like yours. May have to get that for my daughter's first bday. She won't be one until December so she is a little younger than your cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I hate to ask this here but don't see a way to contact you. I see you are subscribed to Confessions of a Pioneer Women and MckMama. If you could stop back by my blog and tell me how to do that I'd realllly appreciate it. I added their links to my actual blog so I can find them easily because I couldn't figure out how to subscribe lol.

    Feel free to delete this comment after you read it! I don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put my contact info on the blog now. My email is ccs2ld@gmail.com. Sorry I am not very techy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your baby! They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete