The Sweet Things in Life

Saturday, March 27, 2010

What a week

Wow, have we had a bad week but praise Jesus it ended good. Last Saturday we noticed Layton was breathing very heavy. She wasn't able to sleep and was just ill. In the middle of the night Sunday night she scared me to death, so Monday I took her to the doctor. As soon as the doc walked in the room she said she had croup. So after a steroid shot and 2 stickers for Lydia we were on our way back home. They told me she would be much better by the time we got home, wrong... She didn't start feeling better until Wednesday afternoon. She was up all through the nights and her breathing was so scary. At night as I would rock her I would pray that God would heal her and thank him for this only being short term. I cannot imagine having a child with a breathing condition. I am so grateful that I have 2 healthy children. Dave would get up if she woke up around 11 or so and rock her back to sleep. He was so proud that he could just get her right back down. Around 3:30 each morning I guess the steroids would kick in and she was restless. I felt so sorry for her. I was able to go back to work on Thursday but when I picked her up from the babysitter her breathing was heavy again. Miss Darlene and Miss Teresa suggested that I give her breathing treatments ever 4 hours that afternoon and night. She was such a big girl, she didn't fuss at all. And that night she sleep all night. I think I am safe to say that she is on the road to recovery now. She has slept all night for 2 nights now and she is smiling again. Boy have I missed her smile.

Here is our week in pictures.

Lydia had a sinus infection. She had a very runny nose, see. This was a picture that she took of herself!



Lydia played the Wi some.



Layton is still infatuated with Reece. right after I took this picture I look down and she had Reece's leg in a bear hug licking it. Awww...



After Layton started feeling better, she wanted to play, so the girls played together.



We heart popsicles!





And the smile is back!



We took the girls to Memphis today to see the Easter bunny. We normally don't make a big deal out of the Easter bunny but it being Layton's first I wanted a picture to remember it. She wasn't scared at all. Layton loved strolling around looking at everyone. As we were walking out of the mall Lydia wanted to ride the carousel. So her, Layton and daddy all rode. I wish I would have had my camera because the smiles on their faces were priceless. At Target I tried on several different outfits, Lydia was so funny, she would say, "Oh momma that looks so good, you should get that".

No comments:

Post a Comment