The Sweet Things in Life

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

It seems like we have been really busy lately. Lydia finished up basketball one weekend and started softball the next. Yeah! She said she had fun playing basketball. The church had a basketball banquet for all the children that played, it was really nice. Everyone received a shirt and medal. She was super excited about her medal, she told me that she had never gotten a medal before! She is on a new team this year for softball. She was very excited to learn that Molly is on her team. Just by watching the practices so far, it looks like we are going to have a very humorous year! It should be fun.



We have been hanging out at home a lot. I went up in the attic last weekend and got some of Lydia's old things down for Layton. I thought Layton would enjoy the jumperoo but I really think Lydia likes it more! I walked out of the living room and when I came back, this is what I found! Lydia told me she was just trying it out. I guess she wanted to make sure it was safe for Layton! Ha!



Layton is a pro at sitting up now. Her balance is getting much better.



I think she is teething a little. She was so fussy last week and I thought it was from her gums being sore but it was her ear again. I had to take her back to the doctor Saturday morning. They said her ear infection from 2 weeks ago was still there, the antibiotics weren't strong enough. So now she is much happier and back to sleeping all night. YAY! She has started this thing with her lip, I love it! She is so darn cute!



She is really beginning to be such a big girl. She can hold her own bottle now, until someone walks in the room or her hands get tired!



And Lydia is just as self-entertaining as ever. She has really been putting on some shows for us around the house. The other night she sang in front of the video camera for 30 minutes. She is going to be so embarrassed when she grows up. Maybe we can play them at her wedding.

She loves to get my camera and take pictures. I find all kind of interesting pictures! It is neat to see things through her eyes. She is getting to be so big, we have been working on her learning our address and phone number. I can't believe she will start school in the fall. Wow, the last 5 years have flown by.

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so cute! I can completely relate to what you are going through with your baby. Mine have been sick too but I think they are teething on top of it so I don't know what to blame. I just wish their noses would stop running and they would start sleeping better. It is fairly overwhelming when both of them are needy and want to be held at the same time. Oy! At least our kids are cute, right? :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is always fun to find new people to follow!

    ReplyDelete