The Sweet Things in Life

Thursday, May 21, 2015

My OLD Man!

Dave turned the big 4 0 this year! He told me time and again that I'd better do something BIG for him.  So, 2 weeks BEFORE his birthday, the girls and I had him a surprise birthday party. I just knew that someone would tell him but thankfully everyone stayed quiet and we managed to surprise him. I can honestly say that for the first time in 18 years of being with him, that night was the only night I have seen him speechless!
 
We rented out the dining area of Old Town Hall, had a delicious meal of BBQ & sides (thanks to my dad & uncle Kenny) & celebrated with 72 members of our family & friends. It was WONDERFUL! 
 
The girls and I left the house around 12 that day under the impression that we were going to visit Mimi. We had to start setting up around 4 but I just had to get away from him. I was so nervous and I just knew that Lydia or I would slip up. As soon as we left our house, we told Layton. I couldn't tell her before the actual day because she just isn't good at keeping secrets. She was mad at us for keeping a secret from her but when we went to Wal-Mart that afternoon, she told everyone she seen "we're having a surprise birthday party for my daddy tonight"!!! Obviously we did good keeping it from her. Thanks to Dianna & my mama for helping us get all the decorations up. Around 5:30 all of the guests starting showing up.  At 6 Dave showed up. Aunt Chris did an awesome job of getting him there.
SURPRISE! Sorry for the blurriness, my hands were shaking so bad.
 
 
 
My little crafty Lydia wanted to make these posters for her daddy. They are a bunch of old pictures that are in the shape of a 4 & a 0. I think she did a great job.
 



Once again, Miss Darlene did an awesome job of making the cake!
 



 
He gots lots of old people gifts!



I was really sad that we didn't get a picture of the 4 of us together. It went by so fast. He admitted later that night that he assumed we would do something for him but it threw him off by being 2 weeks before his birthday. The girls and I didn't give him his birthday present until his actual birthday. We gave him a Big Green Egg. He has wanted one for years. I really hated buying that sucker but you only turn 40 once, right?! Hope you had a wonderful birthday honey! We love you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment