The Sweet Things in Life

Monday, February 13, 2012

Flip Flop Sunday

Yesterday was a "flip flop" kind of Sunday, in case you didn't know!! The weather is the coldest it's been all year but my sweet girl finally found her flip flops that we had been hiding since the Fall. If you know her, you know that she was infatutated with flip flops this summer. It didn't matter if they were hers, mine or Lydia's, she wore them EVERY day. I didn't care much because I am a "pick my battle" kind of mama. But when the cooler temperatures came, she and I went round and round about her wearing flip flops. Finally one day, I just put them up high in the closet, so that she wouldn't see them. That worked until this past Saturday night...she seen them, climbed up on the shelf and got them down. She was so happy to have found her "fip fops". So yesterday morning as we were getting ready for church, she came to me and asked if she looked pretty, with her flip flops on, I just looked at her and said YES. So off we went to church - with flip flops! Thankfully she didn't mind wearing her leggings with them!! Of course, everyone at church told her how pretty her flip flops were.



Pretty girls!



And because we can't take a serious, smiling, normal picture without a silly face!

No comments:

Post a Comment