The Sweet Things in Life

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day!

My Mother's Day presents started on Saturday this year. The main thing I wanted this year was a picture of all of us together. So after having to reschedule for several weeks, Saturday was our session date. The wind was blowing very hard to say the least, but the sun was out and the kids were happy! When we got back in the car on the way home, both kids feel fast asleep. Who knew pictures were so tiring! Later on Saturday afternoon, the girls and I attended the Mother/Daughter banquet at church. We were served steaks, salads & baked potatoes. It was delicious. Lydia and daddy presented my with cards and flowers later on that night. Lydia got to sleep with mama & daddy and Layton sleep all night, in her bed, for the first time in like 2 weeks. Sunday after church we went to Mawmaw's and then to Nannie's, then home for mama to take a nap! I have had a terrible sinus infection, so a nap was well deserved.

I am so thankful that I am a mother. As a child, I always dreamed about being a mama. I ahd no clue what it would be like, I just knew that I wanted to have babies and have a family of my own. I am so fortunate, my husband is so good to me and both of my girls are so fun. It is the hardest job in the world but also the most rewarding. No feeling in the world is better than when you children giggle with you or when they say I love you! I am so thankful to my husband and so proud of my girls.







No comments:

Post a Comment