The Sweet Things in Life

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Summer 2015

These pictures are from my birthday! For my birthday, I wanted to do something a little different....A week or so before my birthday, the new Bass Pro opened dowtown. So, for my birthday we went and had a great meal & went to the new Bass Pro. We aren't really a "Bass Pro" family BUT it is in the Memphis Pyramid so I thought it would be cool to see the inside. It was really neat inside. There were lots of cool fish and other things to look at. It also has an elevator that you can ride to the top and get out on an observation deck, REALLY COOL!
 


 
I'm so thankful to have been able to celebrate another birthday with my crew!!

 
One weekend this summer the girls did a lemonade stand in front of the flower shop. they gave half the proceeds to our buddy, Tripp Turner who is fighting leukemia right now. We made lots of money and the girls had a wonderful time. They have been wanting to do one for a long time.
 
Cutest Lemonade Stand I seen all summer!!!! :)

 
We welcomed a new cousin to the family this summer too, baby Rain. The girls and I got to hold her until our hearts were content. Poor Layton was jealous of me holding the baby. After I held her for a few mintues, she told me that I could give her back to her mama!!!





We had a sleepover with Jaxson! He came over one Friday night and spent the night with us. They had the best time. We loved having him over!
 

 
Proof that they enjoyed each other!


The girls went frog-hunting with some friends one night. Layton loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT! Lydia was just along for the ride!!! I think they caught about 5.
 

 
We had a great summer. Dave was hurt with a cracked shoulder, so he was able to be home with them every day. They went to the free movies every Tuesday in Atoka, enjoyed spending time with cousins, swam almost every day & just enjoyed being home with DADDY! We have said many times, that him getting hurt was sort of a blessing in disguise. Yes, he was in a little pain but he was able to spend EVERY day with the girls and they were able to hang out and have fun. I am thankful for that. And now he is home alone everyday, about to go stir crazy!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment