The Sweet Things in Life

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My little artist!

I have been waiting on this moment for a while now …



I never experienced this with Lydia but Layton is a bit more “adventurous” than Lydia so like I said, I have been expecting this. I try my hardest to keep any sort of writing object away from her unless I am watching but that is almost impossible. Obviously, this night she found a pencil (thank God it was only a pencil)!! That afternoon I noticed she was being very quite, which normally means she is into something she shouldn’t be. When I found her, she was in her room playing, I was surprised (and happy) that she was being a good girl. While giving her a bath that night, she told me "I drawed a pretty picture in my bedroom". I knew immediatley what she was talking about. After the bath, she took me to her room and showed me her drawing. She was so proud. I didn’t have the heart to spank her but I did tell her that it wasn’t appropriate to write on the walls and not to do it again. I had to take her picture beside her artwork, even though I am sure that wasn’t the “right” thing to do!!! I did make her help me clean it off. A week later, I saw markings in the hallway too. I guess after the lecture I gave her about her room, she didn’t want to tell me about the hallway too! I am sure there will be many more in our future but this was her first!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Mr. Clean's magic eraser is my best friend. My 2 year old is my worst offender yet. It drives me crazy! Last week, she glued, yes glued, her artwork to the wall. Luckily she used a glue stick and it washed off, but still!

    ReplyDelete