The Sweet Things in Life

Monday, March 21, 2011

Basketball 2011

Anyone who knows my Lydia, knows she likes to have a good time. I really wasn’t sure if I wanted to sign her up because she didn’t really get into it much last year but through lots of persuasion for her and her daddy, I signed her up with a local church. They were participating in a program called Upward. I am so glad I did. She learned so much more about the game as well as lots of Christian values. She had to memorize a bible verse every week. If she memorized it, she would receive a star to go on her shirt. At the beginning of the season, she has so much anxiety about memorizing the verses, some were short but most of were long. I remember at one practice she didn’t even want to go in because she didn’t have EVERY word correct but after talking her into it, she finally decided to go in and try. She went in with much anxiety but came out with a newfound spirit. She said her verse correctly and received her star! She was ecstatic and I was one proud mama! She also met lots of new friends which is always fun for her.









No comments:

Post a Comment