The Sweet Things in Life

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

13 months

Layton turned 13 months old this week. I just wanted to write down some random things of which she has accomplished this past month. I love looking back and reminiscing about what she was doing at different ages.

This past month she started walking full time.

I find myself referring to her as a baby but this past month she has showed us that she isn’t so much of a baby anymore. She has started throwing little tantrums when she doesn’t get her way. She is a very determined little girl. She doesn’t give up easily. We have had to tell Lydia several times not to give in to her just because she is younger.

She loves to climb on or in everything. She has fallen out of chairs and even the swing outside because she stands and before I know it she has fallen. Luckily she hasn’t injured herself. She really hardly ever cries about it, she just gets up and goes on her way. Just this past Saturday night I caught her standing in the middle of the dining room table. She waved when I walked in the room.

She still enjoys playing with the dog. She has learned which toys are Reece’s and she will get one and give it to Reece. They play tug of war a lot with Reece’s baby! If Reece won’t let go of her toys, Layton manages to lay on top of whatever it is and gets it loose that way, pretty smart.

She is very loud. She really has started gibbering a lot more recently. She can say da-da, ba-ba, Yeeaa (Lydia), bye-bye, lay-lay and just this past week she has started saying ma-ma. She walks around saying ma-ma until I answer. She mimics a lot of the sounds that we make.

She can eat a popsicle faster than Lydia!

She is a mama’s girl but daddy’s is coming in close behind!

She still has 2 teeth!

She loves the telephone and knows just what to do with it. She puts it to her ear and makes a sound. It is the same sound every time but it doesn’t sound like hello! She has also called several people by pushing buttons on our phone.

She is never still, except when she’s sleeping. She is on the go constantly. And I am enjoying every step and fall along the way!

1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me how fast they grow up. I find myself trying to hang on to the baby while the baby is determined to grow up. Mine are still not walking (at 13 1/2 months) so it makes it a little easier to think of them as babies still. I feel ya on the tantrums though. I swear every one of my kids starts it younger than the sibling before them.

    ReplyDelete