The Sweet Things in Life

Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter 2010

We had a wonderful Easter this year. It was a gorgeous day. The sunshine was so beautiful. Unfortunately Dave had to work, so he wasn't able to spend the day with us. The girls got up around 8 and was very excited to see what the Easter bunny had brought them. They both got new floats for the pool and some music. Lydia got a new christian CD for her portable CD player and Layton got some baby praise DVDs. Lydia is always listening to her CD player so she was thrilled to get a new CD. Funny story about her new CD... during the day she was walking around the house listening to her CD and trying to sing with it. All of the sudden she came running up to me telling me that they were saying bad words. I asked her what they were saying and she said they were saying "Oh my God"! I started laughing so hard, then I had to explain. Layton really enjoyed the plastic on her DVDs! We went to church and then went to Mamaw's for a wonderful lunch. Nannie had gotten lots of prizes for the eggs so everyone joined in on the egg hunt this year, it was really fun. We came home around 3 and laid down for a rest. Layton was one tired baby. When daddy got home, we all gathered back up and went over to Tammy's for dinner. All in all it was a wonderful day.

We dyed eggs the night before and then put glitter on them. It was our first time to decorate with glitter.



I love the 2 pictures below with the girls sleepy eyes!





Aunt Piss, Lydia and Nannie!



Thanks to aunt Amy Layton was able to hunt too!



Lydia and Kat hunting eggs.



Mamaw and Layton.



Layton and Ali.



Three if the happiest girls in the world.



I have tried so hard this year to explain the true meaning of Easter to Lydia this year. I actually think she has been overloaded. This morning in Sunday School I asked the kids why we celebrated Easter and Lydia said, "we know, we know Jesus died and rose out of the ground". I know that she will not fully understand until she is older but I am proud that she knows as much as she does. I sure am thankful that HE IS RISEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment