The Sweet Things in Life

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sickness & Passy's

We had a great weekend last weekend. The weather was gorgeous but Dave woke up Monday morning feeling aweful, after a trip to the doctor he was diagnosed with the flu. Uggg. So Monday and Tuesday he stayed isolated in our bedroom, the kids didn't even see him. Wednesday he started feeling better and was able to join us again! Wednesday night when it was bath time I realized Lydia was running fever. She woke up around 3:30 the next morning with a very sore throat. So off to Memphis for another doctor visit. Her strep test come back positive, so I requested that we get a shot so that she would feel better quicker. She does not remember ever getting a shot, so she immediately starting freaking out. I thought she would be okay and calm down, umm no she didn't. She started SCREAMING as soon as the nurse came into the room. I think she might have had a mild panic attack! When the nurse said she was done, Lydia realized she didn't even feel it. Of course now she is telling me that it was the worse pain she has ever experienced!
(Break for a minute.....)For anyone who knew Lydia when she was little, they will remember that she LOVED her passy. She sucked it all the time. We always had it, never went anywhere without it. Sometimes (like in the picture below) she would have two or three at a time. (Okay now back to story!)
Well after she received her shot I was holding her and she was crying very dramatically. I realized that I had one of Layton's passy's in my pocket. So I asked her if she wanted Layton's passy, she look at me for a second (not crying) and she yeah! I couldn't believe it! I told her I was just kidding and of course she started crying again. Poor Lydia, I guess once a lover always a lover! After about ten minutes we were able to go. She limped out of the office and finally asked if I would pick her up because her leg was 'killing her'. After about 30 mintues she did admit that it didn't hurt anymore but at bath time last night, it was hurting really bad again. So bad that she had to have another band-aid on it.



Dave and Lydia were both feeling better this morning. Dave was up at 6 am dancing for me and Lydia got to stay at home with Dave today, which she was very happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment