The Sweet Things in Life

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Let me tell you a story!

As I loaded these pictures the other night, I couldn’t help but tell the story of what happened as I arrowed through each picture very slowly. This is my attempt at writing it down!

A few weeks ago my mother in law called and said she wanted to get the girls picture made in a cotton field this fall. It sounded like a simple task, although I knew with Layton it wouldn’t be! She doesn’t do well for the camera. She actually runs from it or wants to hold it herself. But I had lots of optimism that day and just knew this time would be different. I had visions in my head of what all we could do, how they could sit and stand, how beautiful the pictures would be. So one afternoon after work, I swing by and grab my camera then head to get the girls. I knew Mawmaw would go with us but to my surprise Pawpaw went too! I was a little nervous, he just doesn’t seem like he would enjoy a photo session but I am beginning to realize that anything involved with the girls, he enjoys! We get to a cotton field and the girls are amazed at its beauty. We get out of the truck and my father in law immediately starts telling them to “stand still, look at your mama”, ummmm that wasn’t happening. Although I did get some…



Then we decided to stand, Lydia was pouting and Layton was still looking around at all the free space!



Lydia pouting doesn’t last long when little sister gets her!





In the fun of playing, I get them to both look!



Layton was moving so fast, I don’t think her feet could catch up with her eyes!








While Pawpaw was wrangling Layton...



Lydia was posing for me. She loves to have her picture made.



Now-a-days she has to throw in some silly faces.



By this time, I had taken at least 100 pictures. I figured I had at least 10 good ones. I snapped as fast as my figure would allow. In the process of loading up, the girls end up in the back of the truck and because big sister was acting silly, little sister was too.



We start to drive off, heading home. Layton asks me if she can still have her piece of “cany” that I promised her earlier. I don’t mind bribing, I will bribe in any situation! Fortunately for me, my girls consider a peppermint a piece of candy. I personally don’t consider peppermint candy, so when the dentist asks if they eat candy often, I can honestly say “No”! Anyway, on the way home as we drive over some railroad tracks, my father in law asks if we want to stop and get some pictures. My mother in law and both say sure! I could not believe that he hadn’t had enough! So as I get out, I silently pray that no trains are in the distance. The girls cannot believe that we are letting them walk on a set of train tracks.



We start asking the girls to come over here, sit there, look at me, etc. I could tell Layton’s photo session was over! She wouldn’t even look in my direction!



Pawpaw went to give it a try but all we heard was “stand still, look at your mama”.



Lydia listened, Layton didn't!











Pawpaw gets a stick! I am sure he was playing around telling them to sit still.



But the both of them are too fast for him!





We all agreed that it was time to go home. Even though I may not have gotten the “best” pictures, we all had fun. I enjoyed the time spent with family, the stories my in-laws told, listening to my girls laugh and squeal and of course getting some new pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment